The functions and uses of the startprofile
– The startprofile serves a basis to enable correct horizontal instalment.
– The startprofile can also be substituted by the perimeter-insulation strips which are used for splashwater applications and when additional waterproofing is not desired. The perimeter-insulation furthermore consists of a grille system which connects to the mineral insulation. The waterproofing is the inclined forward-going notch on the front side of the profile.
– The startprofile is used to prevent insects and/or vermin from entering the insulation.
– The startprofile also covers the insulation to visually conceal it
– The startprofile is not intended to be used for waterproofing
– The startprofile is used whenever a transition is made to another cladding and whenever waterproofing is desired for this specific place. (see connection stucco)
– Sealing waterproofing at brickslips: When installing a startprofile, it was common practice in the past to seal the space between the waterproofing and the brickslip. At the present-day, we choose to leave this space open, because a kit-juncture is visually unattractive. More importantly, if water ends up in the facade for whatever reason, it will be able to flow out freely without any water accumulation behind the juncture.